How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes
You will find women doing makeup in all sorts of places from public restrooms, cars and even when they are walking. Many times though girls apply makeup with dirty brushes. These brushes are used constantly and over time they build up with makeup. You need to clean your makeup brushes, so that the brush lasts for a long time, but to also not damage your skin as you are in essence applying dirt on to your face.
It is a good idea to just spritz your brushes daily with an anti-bacterial brush cleaner and then wipe them on a towel after each use. However this is not enough as some makeup will build up in the brushes, which means that you will have to deep clean your brushes. It is a good idea to deep clean your brushes every week.
It is not that hard either to clean your brushes as you will just need some baby shampoo, a clean towel and some anti-bacterial spray. You can also look at getting a brush guard. A brush guard will help to keep the shape of the brushes and stop the hairs of the brush from fraying.
Deep Clean your Makeup Brushes
- Get all of your makeup brushes together near a sink.
- In the palm of your hand place a small amount of baby shampoo such as Johnson and Johnson.
- Gently rub one brush at a time in the baby shampoo.
- You can then take one brush at a time and run it under warm water. Use your fingers to rinse the shampoo out of your brush.
- Then squeeze any excess water from the brush hair and lay them on a dry and clean towel.
- Next rub each brush back and forth gently on the towel in order to get as much water out as possible.
That’s all you have to do to clean your makeup brushes. So rather take a few extra minutes in the week to do this so that you are not actually spreading dirt on to your face.