Dinner and Dessert Bacon Recipes
People love bacon and there is plenty that you can do with bacon. Have a look at these two bacon recipe ideas for dinner and dessert.
Bacon, Mac and Cheese Pizza
- 500 grams of bacon
- 1 ½ TBSP Bacon Fat (From the Bacon)
- 2 TBSP Flour
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ¼ TSP Ground Mustard
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1/8 TSP Back Pepper
- 1 Cup of Elbow Macaroni – Cooked
- 500 grams Pizza Dough
- 4 cups of grated cheese
- Preheat your over to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the bacon slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook the bacon until it is crisp but still a little underdone
- Remove the bacon and drain it on a paper towel
- Keep the bacon fat for later
- Increase the over temperature to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Keep 6 whole slice of bacon and chop the rest
- Add the flour and bacon fat to a medium saucepan on a medium heat and cook and stir for 30 seconds just to heat it.
- Add the milk and bring to a simmer, keep stirring
- When it is simmering remove it from the heat
- Add 2 cups of the cheese, mustard, pepper and salt
- Stir until the cheese has melted. If needed you can return the pan to the heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and cooked macaroni and combine
- Grease a pizza pan.
- Spread the pizza dough out on the pan with about 1 inch hanging over.
- Cut your whole bacon slices in half widthwise and lay it out in a circle an inch away from the edge
- Fold the dough over the bacon on the edge. Pinch the dough so it stays sealed.
- Brush the crust with bacon fat.
- Sprinkle a cup of cheese over the pizza.
- Spread the bacon, mac and cheese near the edge of the dough and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove the pizza and place on the oven rack and bake for 10 minutes like this.
- Dish up.
Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
- 1 -1/8 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- ¼ TSP Baking Powder
- ¼ TSP Salt
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3 TBSP bacon fat (keep when cooking bacon)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 12 Think Cut Bacon Strips – Chopped and cooked until fat has rendered. Needs to be lightly crisp and brown.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
- Combine the cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Beat the bacon fat, butter and both sugars in the bowl you can do this with a stand mixer with a paddle attachment until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined
- Add the flour mix in 2 batches and mix well after each adds.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped cooked bacon and mix for even distribution
- Spoon tablespoon sized heaps onto the cookie sheets
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
- Cool and enjoy