Stretch marks can happen during pregnancy, weight loss or gain, rapid growth in your teens and through exercising. Stretch marks will fade over time, but not disappear and it requires effort in order to remove them. Post sponsored by Health Market
Here are simple home remedies that can help you get rid of your stretch marks.
Remedies for Stretch Marks
You are able to get an apricot scrub that aids in the removal of stretch marks, but here is an apricot mask that you can apply to your stretch marks for a bout or so.
- 2 to 3 Apricots
- Lukewarm Water
- Cut the apricots open and remove the seeds
- Crush the apricots to form a paste
- Apply the paste to your stretch marks and leave for about 20 minutes
- Wash the paste off with warm water.
- Repeat this process every day for about a month or more.
Aloe Vera is becoming highly popular and contains plant collagen that repairs human skin. You should try and use fresh aloe Vera from the leaves instead of store bought aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera Leaf
- You will need to de-thorn the aloe Vera leaf and peel off the out skin.
- Inside the leaf you will find the sticky gel, which you should apply to your stretch marks.
- Leave this on for two hours and then wash it off.
Natural oils are able to treat various conditions including that of stretch marks. With oils they should be massaged gently into your stretch marks for about half an hour each day, but just letting your skin absorb the oils can also do wonders. You will then need to apply the oil three to four times a day.
- ½ tsp of Lavender Oil
- ½ tsp of Chamomile Oil
- 2 tsp of Almond Oil
- Mix the lavender, chamomile and almond oil together. Ensure they are mixed well
- Apply the mix to your stretch marks three to four times a day.
Potatoes are a superfood because of the compounds found in them like fatty acids, carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamin C, B-complex, potassium, calcium and many more. Potatoes are able to restore skin cells and fade away your stretch marks.
- 1 Medium Potato
- Lukewarm Water
- Cut the potato into thick slices
- Take a slice and rub this gently over your stretch marks. Ensure that the juice is applied to the marks.
- Leave this on for about 10 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
The alpha hydroxyl acids and vitamin C that is found in lemons can remove the dead skin and make your stretch marks disappear quickly.
- 1 Lemon
- Warm Water
- Cut the Lemon in two halves.
- Use half the lemon and rub this on your stretch marks.
- You will need to do this for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
A superfast remedy is to mix lemon juice with other juices in equal parts and rub this on. You can use: • Lemon juice with cucumber juice • Lemon juice with potato juice • Lemon juice with tomato juice.